For over 20 years, the Polfrost Group companies operating in Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan has offered rail freight on standard and broad gauge lines.
Polfrost has signed direct agreements with state-run rail carriers and reputable forwarders in Europe and Asia. The company owns a fleet of versatile covered wagons. In addition, it signs long-term contracts with owners of rolling stock. Rail transport allows us to reach a number of destinations to the east of Poland, including China, Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, and Tajikistan. We specialise in the carriage of the following goods: building materials, fertilisers, steel, glass, aggregates, coal, clay, regular and ECO crops. Our services are addressed to manufacturers and distributors alike.
Polfrost offers the following types of services in the field of rail transport:
- organisation of the rail transport of goods by 1435 mm and 1520 mm gauge tracks,
- providing all kinds of rolling stock (versatile covered wagons, coal wagons, tank wagons, specialised wagons for the transport of grain and loose construction materials, versatile flat wagons),
- transhipment at border terminals,
- preparation of transport documents,
- handling of customs clearance at customs houses; other rail forwarding operations,
- trucking to and from railway terminals,
- warehousing, storage, and packaging of goods,
- cargo insurance,
- advice on choosing the optimal logistics,
- developing loading diagrams.